- 1903: 22 miles of double track completed from Lake Bluff, Illinois to Mayfair, Illinois by the Chicago Northern Railway
- 1903: Chicago Northern acquired by the Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1905: 17 miles of double track completed from Chicago Northern Junction to Wisconsin/Illinois State Line by the Chicago and State Line Railway
- 1905: C&SL acquired by the Milwaukee & State Line Railway
- 1906: 34 miles of double track completed from Wisconsin/Illinois State Line to St. Francis, Wisconsin by the Milwaukee and State Line Railway
- 1909: M&SL acquired by the Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1910: 11 miles of double track completed from Proviso to Deval, Illinois by the Des Plaines Valley Railway
- 1911: 10 miles of double track completed from Deval to Valley, Illinois by the Des Plaines Valley Railway
- 1913: Des Plaines Valley Railway acquired by the Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1954: Relocation due to O'Hare Airport
- 1960: Second track mostly removed between Gurnee and St. Francis
- 1995: Chicago & North Western purchased by Union Pacific Railroad
- 1995-Present: Union Pacific operates the Milwaukee Subdivision from Proviso to St. Francis Avenue, continuing north towards Butler
Hidden behind Pulaski Park is this partially demolished bridge.
The bridge was a two span deck girder with wooden piers, and wooden stringer approaches.
Since the Kinnickinnic River has a flood control device, which creates steel channel walls, the bridge used the walls as piers.
Unknown why, but the eastern spans of this bridge were removed. This could be from anything that ranges from intentional removal to flood destruction.
The bridge also served some sort of industry from 1944 until the 1980s or 1990s.
The author has ranked this bridge as being locally significant, due to the common design.
The photo above is an overview. The bridge can be accessed from Pulaski Park.
|Upstream||Green Spur Bridge|
|Downstream||Pulaski Park Rail Bridge|