- 1872: 48 miles completed from Milwaukee to Sheboygan, Wisconsin by the Milwaukee, Lake Shore & Western Railroad
- 1874: 32 miles completed from Sheboygan to Two Rivers, Wisconsin by the Milwaukee, Lake Shore & Western Railroad
- 1875: Name change to Milwaukee, Lake Shore & Western Railway
- 1893: MLS&W purchased by Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1906: 36 miles completed between Manitowoc and Green Bay, Wisconsin by the Manitowoc, Green Bay & Northwestern Railway
- 1907: 4 mile Sheboygan Cutoff completed by Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1909: Chicago & North Western Railway fully absorbs the MGB&NW
- 1929: Wiscona Cutoff completed to allow for abandonment of tracks through Whitefish Bay
- 1988: Sheboygan/Manitowoc County Line-Green Bay section sold to the Fox Valley & Western Railway
- 1993: FV&W purchased by Wisconsin Central, Ltd
- 1995: Chicago & North Western purchased by Union Pacific Railroad
- 1996: Denmark-Rockwood segment abandoned and acquired for future trail use
- 2001: Canadian National Railway acquires Wisconsin Central, Ltd
- 2003: Line through Fond du Lac abandoned
- Ca. 2005: Martin Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue trackage abandoned in Sheboygan
- 2013: Devils River State Trail completed between Denmark and Rockwood
- 2013: Trail completed from Martin Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue in Sheboygan
- 2021: Fox Valley & Lake Superior Railroad purchases the Green Bay-Denmark segment
- 1995-Present: Union Pacific operates the Wiscona-Sheboygan/Manitowoc County Line segment as the Shoreline Subdivision
- 2001-Present: Canadian National operates the Sheboygan/Manitowoc County Line-Rockwood segment as the Manitowoc Subdivision, although it is currently out of service
- 2022-Present: Fox Valley & Lake Superior Railroad operates the line between Appleton and New London
This large scale deck girder bridge is the highlight of the Devil's River State Trail. It crosses the Devil's River nearly 100 feet above the water.
The bridge is of simple design. It consists of seven deck girder spans, which rest on high steel bents. It was built in 1913 to replace an earlier wooden trestle type bridge.
During the time period, the Chicago & North Western was doing a considerable amount of work rebuilding this line to meet standards of typical mainlines.
In addition, the bridge rests on concrete substructures and footings.
Overall, the structure appears to be in very good condition. It has been ranked by the author as being moderately significant, due to the landmark status in the area; and the great historic integrity.
The photo above is an overview looking north.